The Team Of Former Prosecutors At Our Burlington County Criminal Defense Firm Has Over 150 Years of Combined Experience And Includes A Former Director of Major Crimes, the Trial Team and the Gangs, Guns & Drugs Task Force
Mount Holly is definitely the municipality that our criminal lawyers appear in most often in Burlington County. This is only logical given that Mt. Holly is the home of the Burlington County Superior Court, the place where each and every crime of the first degree, second degree, third degree or fourth degree is heard. If you were charged with burglary, possession of cocaine, aggravated assault, distribution of marijuana, contempt (i.e. a restraining order violation) or another indictable criminal offense and are searching for an defense attorney, our firm is well equipped to defend you.
We are the Law Offices of Jonathan F. Marshall, a powerhouse law firm with the skill to ensure that your best defense is presented. Our staff includes ten attorneys who specialize in criminal defense, possess over a century of collective experience, and have served as prosecutors in top positions like Director of Major Crimes. To speak to a lawyer with the knowledge and experience to help you obtain the best result to your offense, contact our local Mount Holly office. Lawyers can be reached 24/7 at 609-491-2110.
Criminal Charges in Mount Holly New Jersey
As members of one of New Jersey’s largest criminal defense firms, our attorneys receive countless inquiries from individuals facing charges at either the Municipal Court or Superior Court level in Mt. Holly. They are often confused as to what is truly important in terms of qualities for selecting a criminal lawyer to represent them. What we can tell you is that there is no substitute for experience, for example, the number of years in practice and the nature of their work over their time in practice. Are they someone who has practiced a few years or decades? Have they actually ever tried a case like yours before? Here are the Law Offices of Jonathan F. Marshall, there is no risk taking when it comes to these qualifications as our lawyers do nothing but criminal, traffic and DWI work and almost all of the members of our team have over ten years in practice. We have what it takes to help you defend any offense, including:
- Violation of a Restraining Order
- Aggravated Assault
- Possession of cocaine, heroin, ecstasy, marijuana, xanax and other drugs
- Distribution of CDS such as LSD, methamphetamine, oxycodone and crack
- Sexual Assault
- Endangering the Welfare of a Child, including possession and distribution of child pornography
- Handgun and other weapon violations
- Juvenile Criminal Charges
Whether you have been charged with one of these offenses or another crime of the fourth, third, second or even first degree, you are exposed to the possibility of a felony criminal record, years in prison and tens of thousands in fines if you are convicted in Mount Holly. In some cases, there are severe collateral consequences. For example, most sex offenses (e.g. aggravated assault assault, sexual assault or endangering the welfare of a child involving sexual misconduct) trigger mandatory registration under Megan’s Law. Similarly, gun charges typically fall under the Graves Act resulting in mandatory periods minimum term of imprisonment. When a criminal offense is violent in nature it frequently falls under the No Early Release Act (“NERA”) and requires that 85% of any sentence imposed be served in prison before an individual may be considered for parole. The point we are making is that you need to take your charges very serious because they can be life altering. Hiring the best attorney, one with top qualifications, is going to arm you with the tools to navigate the court process and secure a favorable plea or result at trial so that penalties can be avoided.
How Our Criminal Defense Attorneys Will Help You
If you hire the Mt. Holly lawyers at the Law Offices of Jonathan F. Marshall, you will obtain the comfort of knowing that you are being represented by one of the largest and most experienced defense teams that will fight to secure the best result. An attorney will exhaust every avenue for relief, including:
- Analyzing the evidence to identify each and every instance of omission, error or other circumstances that will help negate the offense or a necessary element of the crime.
- File necessary motions to dissect the charge against you. This often involves us filing a motion to suppress to challenge how the evidence against you was secured; for example, was there probable cause for the search and seizure. Was the statement secured from you in violation of Miranda.
- Persuasively argue and negotiate to avoid a conviction and penalties. Years serving as prosecutors and defending criminal charges has allowed us to hone our skills so that we can persuade prosecutors to back off an issue, offer a favorable plea or even dismiss a third degree crime or other charge.
- Exhaust all diversionary programs so that you are not prosecuted. For those who are a first time offender, there are three programs, Pretrial Intervention, Conditional Discharge and Conditional Dismissal, that divert a case out of the court system so that a criminal record and penalties may be avoided. Drug Court is another diversionary program that may be utilized to avoid jail/prison when an individuals issues are dependency and a need for rehabilitation.
- Skillfully defend a trial in your case. The Mount Holly criminal attorneys on our staff have extensive trial experience and even includes certified criminal trial lawyers. They know how to counteract the efforts of prosecutors given their decades in practice and own time spent at the highest levels in the prosecutor’s office.
A top flight defense is crucial to protecting your future and maintaining your liberty since penalties can be severe at the time of sentencing in your Mount Holly criminal case. In this regard, you face a prison term of 10-20 years, 5-10 years, 3-5 years and up to 18 months for a first degree crime, second degree crime, third degree crime or fourth degree crime, respectively. And even a disorderly persons offense carries the potential for up to 6 months in the county jail. You cannot afford to settle for anything less than a highly skilled criminal defense attorney if you want results.
Contact Our Firm To Speak To An Accomplished Mt. Holly Criminal Lawyer
Mount Holly is absolutely the hotbed for criminal charges in Burlington County and a primary reason why our office is located in the municipality. Our attorneys are just a block away from the county courthouse and jail to serve our clients. More importantly, we have the experience, specialization and tenacity to ensure you have the opportunity to avert a conviction and/or penalties that you deserve. To discuss the specifics of the first, second, third or fourth degree offense you are facing in Mt. Holly, contact our Mt. Holly office at 609-491-2110 for a free consultation. A lawyer is available around the clock to answer your questions, discuss your options and/or to assist you with pretrial release (e.g. initial appearance or detention hearing).