24:21-8.1. Schedule V
The fifth and final drug schedule in New Jersey is contained under N.J.S.A. 24:21-8.1. The controlled dangerous substance (“CDS”) list contained in Schedule V is the most limited of those provided for under NJ Law. The following is a copy of Schedule V as it appears as law. If you require additional information, the lawyers at our firm are available 24/7 for a complimentary initial consultation at 1-877-450-8301.
a. Tests. The director shall place a substance in Schedule V if he finds that the substance: (1) has low potential for abuse relative to the substances listed in Schedule IV; (2) has currently accepted medical use in treatment in the United States; and (3) has limited physical dependence or psychological dependence liability relative to the substances listed in Schedule IV.
b. The controlled dangerous substances listed in this section are included in Schedule V.
c. Any compound, mixture, or preparation containing limited quantities of any of the following narcotic drugs, which also contains one or more nonnarcotic active medicinal ingredients in sufficient proportion to confer upon the compound, mixture, or preparation, valuable medicinal qualities other than those possessed by the narcotic drug alone:
- Not more than 200 milligrams of codeine or any of its salts per 100 milliliters or per 100 grams;
- Not more than 100 milligrams of dihydrocodeine or any of its salts per 100 milliliters or per 100 grams;
- Not more than 50 milligrams of ethylmorphine or any of its salts per 100 milliliters or per 100 grams;
- Not more than 2.5 milligrams of diphenoxylate and not less than 25 micrograms of atropine sulfate per dosage unit;
- Not more than 100 milligrams of opium or any of its salts per 100 milliliters or per 100 grams.