Clayton NJ Criminal Defense Lawyer
You have probably been charged with a criminal offense, DWI or serious traffic violation in Clayton, New Jersey, given your review of this article. Your effort to education yourself is smart since a conviction for a disorderly persons offense like simple assault, harassment, resisting arrest or possession of marijuana can seriously impact your life. The situation is even more concerning if you were arrested a crime of the first, second, third or fourth degree arising in Clayton since you are facing a felony. The good news is that the team of lawyers at the Law Offices of Jonathan F. Marshall have over 200 years of combined experience representing clients in Clayton Municipal Court and the Gloucester County Superior Court in Woodbury.
Jonathan Marshall and his attorneys have experience that is extremely difficult to parallel, including:
- Ten (10) lawyers that specialize 100% in representation of individuals charged with violating the law
- Former municipal prosecutors (25 plus towns) and county prosecutors who have served as Director of Major Crimes, Drug Task Force, Juvenile Division and an entire Trial Division.
- Former Attorney General’s and Special Counsel to the Governor.
- Certified criminal trial attorneys on staff, a distinction held by less than 2% of the attorneys in the state.
- Most staff members have at least 15 years of individual experience and have served as a prosecutor previously in their legal career.
- An accomplished record of success in defending DWI, misdemeanor offenses and serious motor vehicle tickets in Clayton Municipal Court, as well as indictable crimes at the county courthouse in Woodbury New Jersey.
For additional information or to schedule a free consultation at our Gloucester County Office, contact us anytime by calling 856-818-4770.
Disorderly Persons Offense or Traffic Ticket in Clayton Municipal Court
Clayton is a borough in Gloucester County, NJ, with a growing population of more than 8,000 people. Clayton was originally formed as Clayton Township, portions of which were later used to form Glassboro Township. The main road running through Clayton is Route 47.
Clayton municipal offenses are heard in the Elk Township Joint Municipal Court. Clayton joined forces with Elk Township and the Borough of Newfield for municipal court services. The Elk Township Joint Municipal Court is responsible for dealing with all disorderly persons offenses, DWI and traffic tickets issued within Clayton New Jersey. While criminal charges of this nature are misdemeanor in nature, they can land you in the Gloucester County Jail for up to 6 months and result in a fine of up to $1,000. A driving while intoxicated or under the influence of drugs also carries significant consequences, as does a serious motor vehicle violation like driving while suspended, reckless driving, possession of CDS in a motor vehicle or leaving the scene of an accident.
Indictable Crime in Clayton New Jersey
traffic and parking summonses, and municipal ordinance violations. The only criminal cases which are heard at the local municipal court level are disorderly persons offenses and petty disorderly persons offenses. Indictable felony charges involving jail exposure greater than six months are initially processed in local municipal court before being sent to Gloucester County Superior Court, which is located in Woodbury, NJ.
Elk Township Joint Municipal Court Information
The Elk Township Municipal Court is located at 667 Whig Lane Road in Monroeville, NJ. The court office is open Mondays, Tuesdays, and Thursdays from 9:00 AM to 4:30 PM, Wednesdays from 9:00 AM to 6:00 PM, and Fridays from 9:00 AM to 3:00 PM. The court office can be contacted directly at 856-881-6631 ext. 16.
- Thomas M. North is the Judge.
- Scott Burns is the Prosecutor.
- Melissa Zuccarelli is the Court Administrator.
For more information on the Elk Township Joint Municipal Court, visit their official website.
Other Helpful Links and Information about Clayton NJ
- For more information about Clayton, visit the Clayton website.
- The Clayton Police Department is located at 125 N. Delsea Dr. in Clayton. They can be contacted at 856-881-2300. For additional information about the Clayton Police Department, visit their website.
- For news and information on Gloucester County, check out the NJ.com website.
Contact a Clayton NJ DWI Attorney for a Free Consultation
If you were charged with any variety of offense, including DWI, in Clayton, NJ, call the Law Offices of Jonathan F. Marshall today for a free consultation. The lawyers on our team certainly have the know-how to help you mount an effective to your charges. Let us help you avoid serious penalties and keep you out of jail. You can contact our Woodbury Office 24 hours a day at 856-818-4770.