Roxy Possession Lawyers in Hudson County New Jersey
Prescription Drug Possession Defense Attorneys in Jersey City NJ
Over the last few years, New Jersey as a whole, especially Hudson County, has seen a sudden increase in prescription drug abuse. As a result, law enforcement throughout Hudson County, including towns like Hoboken, Jersey City, Union City, West New York and Secaucus have been out in full force attempting to crackdown on what has been coined as a prescription drug epidemic. The Legislature has also drastically increased the financial fine for a defendant who is convicted of possession or distributing prescription drugs like Xanax, Roxy, Oxycontin or Percocet. The Hudson County, NJ prescription drug defense lawyers at the Law Office of Jonathan F. Marshall have the skill set required to successfully protect your liberty. The governing statute in New Jersey for prescription drug crimes, including possession of prescription drugs and distribution of prescription drugs is N.J.S.A. 2C:35-10.5. The Law Office of Jonathan F. Marshall has eight prescription drug defense attorneys on staff who are prepared to fight to protect your rights. If you or someone you know has been charged with a drug offense like possession of Oxycontin, cocaine distribution, simple assault, burglary, theft by deception or marijuana possession in Hudson County, New Jersey it is imperative that you speak to an experienced New Jersey drug defense attorney immediately. If you would like a free initial consultation with any one of the Hudson County drug possession lawyers at the Law Office of Jonathan F. Marshall, please contact our Jersey City office directly at (201) 309-1800. Now here is some key information on prescription drugs, including potential offenses and applicable penalties if convicted.
Oxycontin Distribution Attorneys in Hudson County, New Jersey
Common Prescription Drug Charges in New Jersey:
- Possession of Prescription Drugs
- Distribution / Possession of Prescription Drugs with the Intent to Distribute
- Obtaining Prescription Drugs by Fraud
- Possession of Fraudulent Scripts
- Under the Influence of Prescription Drugs
Applicable Penalties if Convicted of Distributing Prescription Drugs in NJ:
- If the defendant is caught distributing or possessing with the intent to distribute over 100 dosages a of prescription drug, they will be facing a second degree felony. A second degree felony is punishable by up to 5-10 years in a New Jersey State Prison and fined up to $300,000.
- If the defendant is caught distributing or possessing with the intent to distribute between 5-99 dosages a of prescription legend drug, they will be facing a third degree felony. If convicted of a third degree felony, the defendant is facing anywhere between 3-5 years in a New Jersey State Prison and fined up to $200,000.
- If the defendant is caught distributing or possessing with the intent to distribute 1-4 dosages of a prescription drug, they will be facing a fourth degree felony. A fourth degree felony is punishable by up to 18 months in a New Jersey State Prison and fined up to $10,000.
Some collateral penalties associated with prescription drug possession and/or distribution, include but are not limited too lengthy state prison terms, high fines, community service, up to a two your loss of your driving privileges and a felony criminal record. In addition, the State is allowed to and often does, seize any personal possession that they feel were either purchased from the proceeds of the drug distribution or were used to facilitate the distribution (i.e. cars, boats & cash).
Jersey City NJ Prescription Drug Possession Defense Attorneys
If you have been charged with a prescription drug offense in Hudson County you are facing severe consequence if convicted. Therefore, it is imperative that you seek the advice of an experienced Hudson County, NJ prescription drug defense lawyer immediately. Our team of Jersey City, NJ prescription drug defense lawyers at the Law Offices of Jonathan F. Marshall has the experience and manpower to successfully defend your case. If you have any further questions with regards to Xanax possession, heroin distribution, marijuana possession or crack cocaine distribution, please contact our Jersey City office directly at (201) 309-1800.