Schedule II Controlled Dangerous Substances ("CDS")
N.J.S.A. 24:21-6. Schedule II Forms of CDS
The controlled dangerous substances ("CDS") regulated under New Jersey law cover a wide range of drugs. Schedule II contains a list of opiates and derivatives that fall within Title 35, which are the state's CDS laws. If you have been charged with CDS Distribution, any form of Possession of Drugs, or a Paraphernalia Offense, the attorneys at our firm, the Law Offices of Jonathan F. Marshall, are available to help you. Call us at 1-877-450-8301 and a lawyer will answer your questions and provide you with the assistance you need. The following is a copy of N.J.S.A. 24-21-6, Schedule II, in its entirety:
a. Tests. The director shall place a substance in Schedule II if he finds that the substance: (1) has high potential for abuse; (2) has currently accepted medical use in treatment in the United States, or currently accepted medical use with severe restrictions; and (3) abuse may lead to severe psychic or physical dependence.
b. The controlled dangerous substances listed in this section are included in Schedule II, subject to any revision and republishing by the director pursuant to subsection d. of section 3 of P.L.1970, c. 226 (C.24:21-3), and except to the extent provided in any other schedule.
c. Any of the following substances except those narcotic drugs listed in other schedules whether produced directly or indirectly by extraction from substances of vegetable origin, or independently by means of chemical synthesis, or by combination of extraction and chemical synthesis:
(1) Opium and opiate, and any salt, compound, derivative, or preparation of opium or opiate.
(2) Any salt, compound, derivative, or preparation thereof which is chemically equivalent or identical with any of the substances referred to in clause 1, except that these substances shall not include the isoquinaline alkaloids of opium.
(3) Opium poppy and poppy straw.
(4) Coca leaves and any salt, compound, derivative, or preparation of coca leaves, and any salt, compound, derivative, or preparation thereof which is chemically equivalent or identical with any of these substances, except that the substances shall not include decocainized coca leaves or extractions which do not contain cocaine or ecogine.
d. Any of the following opiates, including their isomers, esters, ethers, salts, and salts of isomers, esters and ethers, unless specifically excepted, whenever the existence of such isomers, esters, ethers, and salts is possible within the specific chemical designation:
(12) Methadone--Intermediate, 4-cyano-2-dimethylamino-4, 4-diphenyl butane
(13) Moramide--Intermediate, 2-methyl-3-morpholino-1, 1-diphenyl-propane-carboxylic acid
(15) Pethidine--Intermediate--A, 4-cyano-1-methyl-4-phenylpiperidine
(16) Pethidine--Intermediate--B, ethyl-4-phenylpiperidine-4-carboxylate
(17) Pethidine--Intermediate--C, 1-methyl-4-phenylpiperidine-4-carboxylic acid
Lawyers are available 24/7 to speak with you if you require guidance. We can be reach anytime at 1-877-450-8301.