Camden NJ Third Offense DWI Lawyer
Driving while intoxicated (DWI) offenses in New Jersey are very serious. A third DWI conviction carries even more severe consequences than a first offense and second offense since it results in a mandatory county jail sentence of 180 days in the event of conviction. If you have been charged with a third offense DWI in Camden, Pennsauken, Gloucester Township, Winslow, Cherry Hill or another municipality in Camden County, you should speak with an experienced attorney as soon as possible so that every effort can be utilized to avoid a conviction. The lawyers at the Law Offices of Jonathan F. Marshall have outstanding qualifications to ensure success, including:
- Over 200 years of combined experience defending DWI, DUI and refusal charges throughout Camden County
- A team of 10 lawyers who specialize in defense
- 5 former DWI prosecutors on staff
- 4 attorneys who are certified on the Alcotest 7110
- 2 lawyers who are certified as instructors in Standardized Field Sobriety Tests
- A DWI department head who is among a handful of lawyers statewide that handle exclusively N.J.S.A. 39:4-50 cases
- Owning a Draeger 7110 Breathalyzer to assist in prepare of your defense
A lawyer at the firm is ready to discuss the facts of your case and provide our insight as to how you can effectively defend your third offense so that you avert a jail sentence and other serious penalties. To obtain a free consultation with one of our attorneys, call (856) 288-3350 for a free consultation.
Third Offense in Pennsauken or Another Camden County Municipality
N.J.S.A. 39:4-50 makes it illegal to operate a motor vehicle “while under the influence of intoxicating liquor, narcotic, hallucinogenic or habit-producing drug, or…with a blood alcohol concentration of 0.08% or more by weight of alcohol in the defendant’s blood”. If an individual violates this law and it is their third offense (or greater), they are subject to:
- A fine of $1,000
- Imprisonment of at least 180 days in the county jail
- Forfeiture of right to operate a motor vehicle for 10 years.
- Required to install an ignition interlock device or shall have his registration certificate and registration plates revoked for 10 years.
- Participation in the intoxicated driver resource center
- NJ MVC surcharge of $1,500 for 3 years
- Further fines can include payments to the violent Crimes Compensation Board, the Drunk Driving Enforcement Fund, the Safe Neighborhood Services Fund, and the Alcohol Education and Rehabilitation Fund
Note: If the third offense was committed 10 years after a second offense, the third can be treated as if it were a second.
Note: Our firm utilizes a former State trooper who is certified in field sobriety testing and as a certified operator of the Alcotest 7110, the breath testing device used in New Jersey DWI cases. He reviews the evidence, police reports, and videos and will draft a report to challenge the State’s evidence in your case.
Post-Conviction Relief In A Winslow Third Offense DWI Case
Post-conviction relief is an absolute must in a third offense case in Winslow, Bellmawr, Cherry Hill or anywhere else in the state. This term refers applications to vacate a prior conviction or, alternatively to limit the use of the violation for purposes of penalties in a subsequent case. Our lawyers frequently utilize this strategy to allow an individual to avoid jail, a 10 year license suspension and other severe penalties.
Contact a Gloucester Township NJ Third Offense DWI Lawyer for Answers
The criminal defense attorneys at the Law Offices of Jonathan F. Marshall are always available to speak with you about your case and begin to formulate an aggressive strategy to defend you against a DWI charge. Our criminal defense team understands the details of DWI law in New Jersey and we will use this knowledge to help you best defend against these charges. Call us today at (856) 288-3350 for a free initial consultation about your case.
The Law Offices of Jonathan F. Marshall has attorneys to defend your third offense for DWI, DUI or breath test refusal in Bellmawr, Berlin, Camden, Cherry Hill, Gloucester City, Gloucester Township, Pennsauken, Stratford, Voorhees, Winslow or any other municipality in Camden County.