Our Former DWI Prosecutors Have Decades Of Experience & Success In Defending Charges In Camden, Pennsauken, Gloucester Township, Cherry Hill, Winslow & Elsewhere in Camden County
As you probably now know, New Jersey has some of the harshest penalties for driving while intoxicated (“DWI”) or driving under the influence of drugs (“DUI”) in the nation. If you are convicted of a DWI, even a first offense, you must have your license suspended. When the conviction involves someone’s second offense or third offense the consequences escalate with longer periods of suspension, higher fines and even mandatory jail. To make matters worse, there is no opportunity for a hardship or conditional license nor ability to plea bargain a DWI charge in Camden, Cherry Hill, Pennsauken, Gloucester Township, Winslow, Gloucester City or anywhere else in New Jersey. These considerations make it exceptionally important to retain an attorney who is highly skilled in defending DWI offenses.
We are the Law Offices of Jonathan F. Marshall, a defense firm with qualification that are unquestionably rare in terms of defending your Camden DWI charge. Our staff can offer you:
- Over 200 years of experience defending DWI related charges throughout Camden County
- Representation by a team of 10 lawyers who specialize in defense
- A DWI department head that is among a handful of attorneys stateside who limit their practices exclusively to DWI & DUI charges
- Former DWI prosecutors in over 25 NJ municipal courts
- 5 attorneys who are certified on the Alcotest 7110
- 2 lawyers at are certified as instructors in Standardized Field Sobriety Testing
- Our own Draeger Alcotest 7110 to assist in prepare of 39:4-50 cases
- A long track record of successfully defending first offense, second offense and third offenses in local courts in the county
- Offices conveniently located in Camden & Cherry Hill
If you or a loved one was charged with a DWI anywhere in Camden County, our lawyers are prepared to mount a potent defense. To discuss your case with an attorney who is highly knowledgeable in this area of law, call our Cherry Hill or Camden Office at (856) 288-3350 for immediate assistance.
DWI Charges in Camden County
Camden drunk driving charges are legally referred to as DWI for Driving While Intoxicated or DUI for Driving Under the Influence. No distinction is made between the two terms, nor between intoxication by alcohol or drugs. Penalties for a first offense are very severe and each successive offense will result in increasingly severe punishments. Even with no prior DWI convictions, you will be subject to license suspension, expensive fines and surcharges, mandatory alcohol classes and the possibility of an ignition interlock device and time in county jail.
Law enforcement in Camden will seek to prove a DWI/DUI case by one of two methods:
(1) Scientific tests such as a blood, urine or breath test demonstrating a blood alcohol content of at least 0.08% or the presence of mood altering drugs such as marijuana, cocaine, Oxycodone, Ambien, heroin or another drug; or
(2) Standardized Field Sobriety Testing (“SFST”) or Drug Recognition Testing (“DRE”) demonstrating that the motorist was impaired by alcohol or drugs.
Our attorneys will review the administration of these tests, results, circumstances and the facts surrounding your traffic stop and subsequent arrest. We use this information and our knowledge and skills in this field to identify and reveal any procedural errors or other violations that render the charges flawed.
Attorneys That Defend DWI Offenses Throughout Camden County
Camden County is historically ranks near the top for DWI tickets issued in a given year. There are obviously some municipalities that handle far more summonses issued under N.J.S.A. 39:4-50 than others because of the concentration of motorists, presence of major highways, bridges and multiple law enforcement agencies in the jurisdiction. Our Camden County DWI defense firm defends clients charged anywhere within the jurisdiction and especially in the top 15 towns for drunk driving offenses, including:
- Cherry Hill
- Gloucester City
- Gloucester Township
- Waterford Township
- Haddon Heights
Camden NJ DWI Defense Lawyers
The City of Camden is not only the most populated municipality in Camden County but also has other significant characteristics that result in over 400 DWI tickets/summonses being issued annually. There is no doubting the fact that major roadways are a factor, as well as the presence of Benjamin Franklin Bridge which is patrolled by the Delaware River Port Authority Police. In fact, more than a few DWI cases defended by our Camden County DWI Firm each year involve stops in or about the bridge. Whether your charge stems from a motor vehicle stop in this area of the county, Pennsauken, Gloucester Township, Cherry Hill or elsewhere, our team of talented lawyers is ready to prepare a defense that will allow you to avoid a conviction. Contact us 24/7 for a free consultation.