Camden NJ Underage DWI Lawyer
If you have been charged with an underage DWI, you should speak with an experienced attorney as soon as possible to help you navigate the legal process and get you the most desirable result in your case.
The attorneys at the Jonathan F. Marshall have a long history of success handling DWI cases in Camden County including Pennsauken, Cherry Hill, Winslow, Bellmawr, Gloucester Township, Berlin and other local municipalities. There is no doubt that our unique and rare credentials in this area of law help us reach so many favorable outcomes, including our:
- 200 plus years of combined experience defending driving while intoxicated and driving under the influence of drug cases
- 4 attorneys who are certified on the Alcotest 7110
- 2 lawyers who are not only certified in Standardized Field Sobriety Testing but also enjoy instructor status
- 5 former dwi prosecutors on staff
- A DWI department chairmen who is one of a handful of lawyers statewide that handles exclusively N.J.S.A. 39:4-50 cases
- Owning a Draeger 7110 Breathalyzer to assist in prepare of your defense
Our advanced training and experience allows us to identify the weaknesses in the prosecutor’s case and to effectively defend issues. This allows us to develop an aggressive strategy to secure an acquittal/dismissal of a underage DWI charge such as the one you are facing. If you have been charged with a “kiddy DWI”, having an attorney who knows how to get you the best possible result is imperative. Call the Law Offices of Jonathan F. Marshall at (856) 288-3350 anytime 24/7 for a free initial consultation.
New Jersey Underage DWI Statute: N.J.S.A. 39:4-50.14
Underage DWI law is covered under N.J.S.A. 39:4-50.14. The elements that the prosecution must show are as follows:
1) The driver was under 21
2) The driver operated a motor vehicle on New Jersey roads
3) The driver had any amount of alcohol in his or her system at the time of the stop
Note: Our firm utilizes a former State trooper who is certified in field sobriety testing and as a certified operator of the Alcotest 7110, the breath testing device used in New Jersey DWI cases. He reviews the evidence, police reports, and videos and will draft a report to challenge the State’s evidence in your case.
Underage DWI Penalties in New Jersey
- Drivers license suspended between 30 and 90 days as determined by the judge
- Community service period of 15 to 30 days as determined by the judge
- Participation in the intoxicated driver resource center
Note: If you are found guilty of an underage DWI, it will not count as a prior DWI if you receive one subsequently as an adult. So, for example, if you receive an adult DWI and you previously had an underage DWI, you will only be facing a first offense.
Contact a Cherry Hill NJ Underage DWI Lawyer for a Free Consultation
The criminal defense attorneys at the Law Offices of Jonathan F. Marshall are always available to speak with you about your case and begin to formulate an aggressive strategy to defend you against a DWI charge. Our criminal defense team understands the details of DWI law in New Jersey and we will use this knowledge to help you best defend against these charges. Call us today at (856) 288-3350 for a free initial consultation about your case.
The defense lawyers at the Law Offices of Jonathan F. Marshall defend underage DWI charges throughout Camden County, including clients charged in Bellmawr, Berlin, Camden, Cherry Hill, Gloucester City, Gloucester Township, Pennsauken, Stratford, Voorhees and Winslow.