NJ Ecstasy Defense Lawyer

Charged with Possession or With Intent to Distribute Ecstasy?

Person illegally taking ecstacy

The popularity of club drugs like ecstasy has risen significantly over the last decade. Such demand has increased the frequency of those arrested for distribution or simple possession of ecstasy. Irrespective of the pedigree of the ecstasy charge to which you have been arrested, the Law Offices of Jonathan F. Marshall is here to assist you. Our defense attorneys have been defending individuals in New Jersey for distributing and possessing drugs for decades and would be happy to put this experience to work on your case. We are former prosecutors who will vigorously defend you at every stage of the legal process. We handle these charges throughout New Jersey include Monmouth County, Middlesex County, Ocean County, Union County, Morris County, Essex County, Hudson County, Mercer County and elsewhere.

What is Ecstasy?

Ecstasy has a variety of street names including XTC, Rolls, Adam, Designer Drug, Hug Drug, Disco Biscuits and the Love Drug. Its active ingredient is methylene dioxy methamphetamine or MDMA. This drug is both a stimulant and psychedelic.

Penalties for Possessing, Distributing or Selling Ecstasy

Ecstasy charges are very serious and involve significant potential jail exposure. If you have been charged with possession with intent to distribute ecstasy, the penalties to which you are exposed are:

  • One-half ounce or less is a third-degree crime punishable by up to 5 years in prison
  • One-half ounce to five ounces is a second-degree crime involving 5 to 10 years in prison
  • Five ounces or more is a first-degree crime that carries 10 to 20 years in prison

Seasoned Lawyers Who Are Prepared to Fight for You

Every attorney on our defense team has at least fifteen (15) years of experience handling drug charges in NJ. We possess the knowledge and skill necessary to insure that your interests are protected. To this end, do not hesitate to contact us anytime 24/7 at 1-877-450-8301. A lawyer is available now to assist you with your case in Union County, Ocean County, Monmouth County, Middlesex County, Mercer County, Hudson County, Essex County, Morris County, New Jersey.