New Jersey Criminal Lawyers
If you have been arrested for or charged with distribution of illegal drugs, you need to take immediate action to protect your right to a strong defense. Do not assume the prosecution’s case against you is enough to convict, and do not make the mistake of answering any questions without a lawyer present.
Contact a Lawyer After a Synthetic Marijuana Charge
The longer you wait to call an attorney, the more likely you are to make a mistake that will permanently damage your case. If you would like to speak with a member of our New Jersey law firm, the Law Offices of Jonathan F. Marshall, about charges of distribution of marijuana, cocaine, heroin, or another illegal drug, contact our office to arrange a free consultation. We defend individuals accused of trafficking drugs statewide, include in Ocean County, Monmouth County, Union County, Middlesex County, Somerset County, Hudson County, Essex County and Morris County.
Defense Against Synthetic Marijuana Conviction
Our lawyers have over fifteen years of experience in criminal defense, and will question every aspect of your case when fighting the charges against you:
- Were the drugs used as evidence against you gained through an illegal search and seizure?
- Was there probable cause for a traffic stop or request for a search warrant?
- The decision to charge you with distribution or possession may have been based on the presence of a household scale, plastic bags, other paraphernalia, or a large amount of cash. Should the charges against you really be drug possession?
- Was the synthetic marijuana really yours?
- Were you read your Miranda rights as soon as you were arrested or when you did not feel free to leave?
- Were the drugs found on your person when a police officer was patting you down for a weapon?
Dismissal of New Jersey Drug Charges
After investigating the questions above, our lawyer may be able to negotiate a dismissal of charges or a reduction to a lesser charge in a plea bargain. We are prepared to go to trial on your behalf, demonstrating to the judge and jury that a not-guilty verdict is the right one.
Consequences of Conviction for Synthetic Marijuana Possession Charges
If you are charged with a first offense of drug dealing or intent to distribute an illegal drug, our lawyer will identify the source of your problem. Rather than see your case tried in a criminal court, where a conviction means a jail term, our lawyers will work to get you admitted to drug court, a special court designed to rehabilitate drug users. A sentence combining treatment and strict supervision can help you rebuild your life.
Drug distribution charges that involve the threat of deadly force or other violence, if not properly defended, may result in an unnecessarily long prison sentence and other serious consequences.
Our firm is prepared to handle cases involving:
- Drug trafficking, sale, dispensing, intent to distribute
- Driving with drugs in the car
- Juvenile drug crime offenses
- School zone infractions
- Maintaining a production facility, drug manufacture, cultivation
- Illegal drugs and controlled substances including marijuana, hash, cocaine, crack, heroin, oxycontin, methadone, opiates, unauthorized prescription drugs, steroids, and other controlled substances.
If you have been arrested or charged with sale or distribution of illegal drugs, exercise your right to remain silent. Call toll free 1-877-450-8301 or e-mail our New Jersey law firm to arrange a free consultation with a criminal defense attorney. We offer representation statewide and maintain offices conveniently located for your case in Middlesex County, Ocean County, Monmouth County, Union County, Somerset County, Hudson County, Essex County and Morris County.