Criminal Defense Lawyers in Mantua New Jersey
Anyone who has been charged with a criminal offense, DWI or serious traffic violation in Mantua Township NJ needs to take the charges very seriously. The good news is that the experienced and dependable criminal defense attorneys at The Law Offices of Jonathan F. Marshall can help you. Jonathan Marshall and his team of lawyers know how to fight charges of driving while intoxicated (DWI), simple assault, harassment, disorderly conduct and other offenses in Mantua Township Municipal Court. They also have extensive experience defending indictable crimes of the first, second and third degree at the Gloucester County Superior Court such as burglary, aggravated assault and eluding.
The team at our firm has qualifications that are truly outstanding and difficult to parallel. We can offer you:
- Representation by one of the state’s largest criminal defense firms with ten (10) lawyers that limit their practice to representation of the accused
- Experience that spans over 200 years collectively
- Former county prosecutors who have served in top positions like Director of Major Crimes, Drug Task Force, Special Operations, Juvenile Division and an entire Trial Division
- Former municipal prosecutors in more than 25 towns
- Thousands of favorable outcomes on behalf clients arrested for driving while intoxicated (“DWI”), assault, drug and other cases.
To learn more about how we can help you with your criminal case, contact our office anytime at 856-818-4770.
Mantua Township Municipal Court Information
The Mantua Joint Municipal Court has jurisdiction over offenses that occur with Mantua Township and Pitman Borough. The court is located at 405 Main Street in Mantua, New Jersey. The court office is open weekdays from 8:30 AM to 4:00 PM, and the court office can be contacted directly at 856-468-3078.
- Honorable William Golden and Honorable Thomas Heim are the Judges.
- Kelly A. Conroy is the Prosecutor.
- Marie Kennedy is the Court Administrator.
- Court Sessions are conducted on 2nd, 4th & 5th Monday at 9AM & 1:30PM
For further information on the Mantua Joint Municipal Court, see the court’s official website.
Other Helpful Links and Information about Mantua NJ
- For additional information about Mantua Township, visit the Mantua Township website.
- The address of the Mantua Township Police Department is 405 Main Street in Mantua, NJ. They can be contacted at 856-468-1900. To learn more about the local police department, visit their website.
- To get specific news and information on Gloucester County, check out the NJ.com website.
Mantua Township NJ DUI Lawyer
Mantua Township is located in Gloucester County, NJ and has a population of more than 15,000 people. Parts of the township were taken to form East Greenwich Township and Pitman. Mantua Township includes the unincorporated communities of Barnsboro, Richwood, and Sewell.
Generally speaking, the majority of cases heard in the Mantua Township Municipal Court are minor criminal matters, traffic tickets, and municipal ordinance violations. The criminal cases heard at the local municipal court level are classified as disorderly persons offenses and petty disorderly persons offenses. The most common of these charges are:
- Simple Assault
- Disorderly Conduct
- Shoplifting (i.e. merchandise with a value of under $200)
- Obstructing the Administration of Law
- Resisting Arrest
Indictable felony charges which involve jail exposure greater than six months must be sent to Gloucester County Superior Court in Woodbury, NJ. A local municipal court like the one in Mantua lacks jurisdiction to decide these types of offenses. You will know that your charge is indictable because it will fall within the grade of a fourth degree, third degree, second degree or first degree crime.
Contact a Mantua NJ Criminal Attorney for a Free Consultation
If you’ve been arrested in Mantua Township, NJ, the Law Offices of Jonathan F. Marshall can help you beat your charges. Our defense team includes veteran former prosecutors and highly skilled attorneys who are committed to achieving the very best outcome on your behalf. Call us now to discuss your case or to schedule a free consultation. We are tenacious and aggressive in the courtroom, so we will do whatever it takes to help you avoid the most serious criminal penalties. Contact our NJ office day or night at 856-818-4770.