Defending People Charged With Weapons Offenses
Many state and federal criminal charges provide for harsher punishment if a gun or other weapon was involved. In certain situations, possession of a gun or weapon by itself is a crime. If you need help resolving weapons charges, contact the Law Offices of John H. Marshall. With offices throughout the state, we can advise and represent you anywhere in New Jersey.
Our criminal defense attorneys possess over 100 years of collective experience defending a wide range of weapons offense, including all gun charges. We have one of the largest defense teams in New Jersey and our lawyers can advise you about your rights and identify the weaknesses in the government's case. The mere fact of being arrested with a gun in your car or the discovery of a firearm during a search of your apartment isn't the end of the story by any means.
Your presumption of innocence protects you from conviction
Depending on the facts of your particular case, our options might include working toward dismissal of the charges, convincing the court to suppress the evidence of any weapons offense based on constitutional issues, or challenging the prosecution to prove its case beyond a reasonable doubt at trial. We never overlook the value of your presumption of innocence in developing your defense strategy.
Our law firm handles such weapons offenses and gun charges as the following:
- Unlawful possession of a weapon, such as gun possession by a convicted felon
- Possession of a weapon for an unlawful purpose, such as robbery or assault
- Possession of a Handgun Without a Permit or License
- Juvenile weapons charges like Possession of a Firearm by a Juvenile
- Weapons offenses alleged against people on probation or parole
- Use of a gun in a federal drug crime
- Failure to surrender a gun while on conditional release or after a domestic violence arrest
- BB Gun, Airsoft Gun or Paintball Gun Offenses
- Certain Person Offenses
- Illegal Weapons
- Imitation Firearm Offenses
- Possession of a Firearm for Unlawful Purpose
- Possession of a Firearm in a Motor Vehicle
- Possession of a Handgun
- Possession of a Rifle or Shotgun Without a Permit or License
- Possession of a Weapon During the Commission of a Crime
- Possession of a Weapon or Firearm at an Educational Institution
- Possession of a Weapon or Firearm During Commission of a Drug Offense
No matter what weapons charge you happen to be facing, you can count on John Marshall to handle your case with skill and careful attention to your unique circumstances. For the advice of an experienced criminal defense lawyer, contact John Marshall in Shrewsbury, Toms River, or any of our other New Jersey offices.