Highly Skilled Defense Attorneys With Qualifications Needed to Successfully Defend Your Charges in Bridgewater Township New Jersey
Criminal and traffic charges in Bridgewater New Jersey can come in many forms. There is a virtual endless range of potential offenses that someone can be charged with in the municipality as the second most populated town in Somerset County. In fact, over 1,000 criminal complaints and 10,000 traffic summons are issued in Bradley Garden, Martinsville and over the 84.2 square miles of Bridgewater Township annually. There is little doubt that the presence of Bridgewater Commons and major roadways like Interstate 287 & 78 are major factors in the relatively high number of cases filed in the township annually. Most of these matters involve motor vehicle violations and disorderly persons offenses like simple assault, harassment and shoplifting but the also has over 200 felony crimes of the first, second, third or fourth degree. Irrespective of the nature of the charge you were issued or arrested on in Bridgewater, selecting the right criminal attorney to defend the case is pivotal to preserving your future. A Bridgewater NJ criminal lawyer at our firm has exactly what you need for success.
At The Law Offices of Jonathan F. Marshall, our seasoned team of defense lawyers pride themselves on client relationships, shared trust, and a collaborative approach to crafting highly effective defenses that position our clients for the best chances of success. The rare qualifications we bring to the table include:
- Over 200 years of combined experience representing clients charged with obstructing the administration of law, bad checks, DWI and other offenses in Bridgewater Municipal Court, as well as more serious matters at the Somerset County Superior Court in Somerville
- A team of 12 criminal defense lawyers that represent exclusively those accused of violating the criminal or traffic code
- Former county and municipal prosecutors that have served at the highest levels including as Director of Major Crimes, the Drug Task Force, Juvenile Unit and an entire Trial Division
- Certified criminal trial attorneys
- Awards and distinctions such as Top 100 Criminal Attorneys from National Trial Lawyers, Super Lawyers, Avvo 10 Rating, and 10 Leaders in New Jersey Criminal and DWI Defense
To obtain an immediate free consultation with an attorney at the firm, contact our Somerset County Office. Lawyers are available to take your call 24/7 at 908 722-1011.
Criminal and Traffic Charges in Bridgewater Municipal Court
As you might expect, Bridgewater Municipal Court has much more petty theft related offenses like shoplifting, bad checks, receiving stolen property and theft by deception than most Somerset County towns given that it is the home to a major mall like Bridgewater Commons. Major interstates traversing the municipality also create a spike in reckless driving, speeding, driving while suspended and other motor vehicle cases. The most frequently encountered charges in the municipal court behind those just cited include:
- Simple Assault
- Marijuana Possession
- Leaving the Scene of an Accident
- Criminal mischief
- Disorderly Conduct
- Careless Driving
- Obstructing the Administration of Law
- Resisting Arrest
Bridgewater Municipal Court Information
The Bridgewater Municipal Court is located at 100 Commons Way, Bridgewater, New Jersey, 08807. The court office can be contacted directly at 908-725-6375. Court sessions are held on the first and third Tuesdays of the month at 8:30 a.m. and 10:00 a.m., as well as every Wednesday at 8:30 a.m. and 10:00 a.m.
- Chief Judge: Honorable Honorable William T. Kelleher, J.M.C.
- Municipal Prosecutor: Christopher Bateman, Esq.
- Court Administrator: Audrey Lipinski
For more information about the Bridgwater Municipal Court, visit the following website: Bridgewater Municipal Court.
Indictable Offense for a First Degree, Second Degree, Third Degree or Fourth Degree Crime Arising in Bridgewater Township New Jersey
As previously stated, roughly 200 individuals are arrested annually in Bridgwater for indictable crimes of the fourth degree, third degree, second degree and even the first degree. While most of these charges tend to be on the lower end of the spectrum like aggravated assault, burglary and eluding, members of the Bridgewater Police Department and the New Jersey State Police also have occasion to charge individuals with distribution of heroin, cocaine and other drugs, as well as robbery and sexual assault. Cases involving charges falling within any of these grades of crime can only be handled at the Somerset County Superior Court since they are indictable in nature. You are facing potentially severe penalties that require a talented Bridgewater Township criminal defense attorney if you were charged in this manner, including:
- Up to 18 months in prison and a $10,000 fine for a fourth degree crime such as possession of over 50 grams of marijuana, receiving stolen property, criminal contempt (i.e. violation of a restraining order) or criminal mischief.
- Up to 5 years in prison and a $15,000 fine for a third degree crime like possession of cocaine/heroin/methamphetamine/lsd/ecstasy, terroristic threats, burglary or aggravated assault.
- 5-10 years in prison and a $150,000 fine for a second degree crime such as sexual assault, strong arm robbery, eluding or distribution of lsd, at least one-half ounce of cocaine or heroin, or unlawful possession of a firearm or handgun.
- 10-20 years in prison and a $200,000 fine for a first degree crime like armed robbery, murder, carjacking and aggravated sexual assault.
Helpful Resources If You Are Facing A Bridgewater Indictable Offense:
- Directions to Somerset County Superior Court
- Directory of Judges, Address of Chambers & Contact Information
About Bridgewater NJ
Bridgewater is a Township in Somerset County, New Jersey and has a population of 44,903. Bridgewater today has transitioned from a rural area to a suburban and commercial area. It also has several unincorporated communities within it such as Martinsville, Green Knoll, Finderne, Bradley Gardens, and Sunset Lake. Bridgewater is home to several shopping centers including the Bridgewater Commons Mall, located near the intersection of Route 287, Route 22, Route 202 and Route 206. Due to the prevalence of commercial and retail businesses, shoplifting offenses are among the most common crimes committed in the Bridgewater area.
Helpful Links and Information About Bridgewater NJ
- For additional information about Bridgewater, visit the Bridgewater Official Website.
- The Bridgewater Police Department can be contacted at (908) 722-4111. To learn more about the Bridgewater Police Department, visit their official website.
Bridgewater NJ Criminal Attorneys
As members of one of the state’s largest criminal defense firms, the attorneys at the Law Offices of Jonathan F. Marshall realize how intimating it can be for someone to be charged with a criminal offense or serious motor vehicle violation. The truth is, however, that we can help you avoid many of the concerns that are probably coming to mind. If you would like to discuss the specifics of your case and how a lawyer on our staff can assist you in averting the pitfalls of a conviction, contact our office. An attorney with the skill to secure an acquittal in your case is ready to assist you.
The Law Offices of Jonathan F. Marshall is available at 908-722-1011 for a free consultation about your Bridgewater New Jersey criminal offense or traffic ticket.