Greenwich Township NJ Criminal, DWI & Traffic Offense Defense Lawyers
Although Greenwich Township has less criminal and traffic offenses like DWI than several other Gloucester County municipalities, it nevertheless has its share of charges. Disorderly persons offenses and motor vehicle violations arising in the township are most prevalent and are heard in Greenwich Municipal Court. The largest number of these charges involve simple assault, bad checks, disorderly conduct, marijuana possession, shoplifting, driving while suspended, speeding and reckless driving. Indictable crimes of the first, second, third and fourth degree are too serious to be dealt with locally and must be heard at the Gloucester County Superior Court in Woodbury New Jersey. Frequently encountered crimes in the municipality include aggravated assault, burglary, eluding, theft by deception, criminal contempt, cocaine possession and marijuana distribution. Irrespective of the grade of Greenwich Township charge you are facing, it is extremely important to retain a skilled attorney so that you have every chance of avoiding a record and penalties that are potentially severe.
The criminal defense attorneys at the Law Offices of Jonathan F. Marshall have the skills you need and are prepared to help you beat your charges in Greenwich Township. The lawyers at our firm have qualifications to thoroughly protect your interests, including:
- 200 Plus Years of Collective Experience Defending Charges Throughout Gloucester County, including Greenwich Township.
- Team of 10 Lawyers That Specialize in Representation of Individuals Charged With Offenses Like Simple Assault, Eluding, DWI, Theft by Deception, Sex Crimes, Illegal Weapons, Juvenile Crime, Drug Possession, CDS Distribution and other Violations of Law.
- Former County Prosecutors Who Have Served In High Level Positions Like Director of Major Crimes, Juvenile Division, Drug Task Force and an entire Trial Bureau.
- Former Municipal Prosecutors in Over 25 Towns.
- Certified Criminal Trial Attorneys, a distinction held by less than 2% of those licensed in the State.
To learn more about how an attorney on our team can help you or discuss your case, contact our Gloucester County Office at 856-818-4770.
Charges in Greenwich Twp. NJ
Greenwich Township is located in Gloucester County, NJ, with a population of slightly less than 5,000 people. Portions of the township were used to form East Greenwich Township, Franklin Township, Mantua Township, Paulsboro, and Woolwich Township. Additionally, Gibbstown is an unincorporated community within Greenwich Township.
As previously stated, Greenwich Township Municipal Court possesses jurisdiction to deal with disorderly persons offenses, petty disorderly persons offenses, local ordinances and traffic offenses. While these types of violations are misdemeanors or less, you can be exposed to significant penalties that include up to 6 months in jail and in excess of $1,000 in financial consequences if you are convicted. More serious indictable felony charges pending at the Gloucester County Superior Court carry more dire ramifications and can land you in prison for years. Hiring a skilled lawyer is key to avoiding the penalties and collateral consequences of a criminal or serious motor vehicle offense.
Greenwich Township Municipal Court Information
The Greenwich Township Municipal Court is located at 21 North Walnut Street in Gibbstown, NJ. The court office is open weekdays from 9:00 AM to 4:00 PM. The court office can be contacted directly at 856-423-0113.
- Honorable Thomas North is the Judge.
- Marla Gaglione is the Prosecutor.
- Sherri Futie is the Court Administrator.
- Court Sessions: 2nd and 4th Thursday of the month at 1 p.m.
For additional information about the Greenwich Township Municipal Court, visit the court’s official website.
Other Helpful Links and Information about Greenwich Twp. NJ
- To learn more about Greenwich Township, check out the Greenwich Township website.
- The Greenwich Township Police Department is located at 421 West Broad Street in Gibbstown, NJ. They can be contacted at 856-423-1950. For more information, visit the police department website.
- For news updates in Gloucester County, go to the NJ.com website.
Contact a Greenwich NJ DWI Lawyer for a Free Consultation
If you are facing criminal charges or any other violation in Greenwich Township, NJ, contact The Law Offices of Jonathan F. Marshall today for immediate assistance from an accomplished defense attorney. You will receive the sound legal guidance you need in this difficult time so that you know exactly what is required to avert a conviction. Our lawyers have decades of experience so you can have the confidence that our advice is sound. For an immediately consultation with one of our attorneys, call 856-818-4770.