Our Criminal Defense Attorneys Have Top Qualifications To Ensure That Your Charges in Franklin Township NJ Are Successfully Defended
Franklin Township is the most populated municipality in Somerset County and also has the highest number of criminal charges annually. Approximately 1,000 individuals are arrested in Somerset, Franklin Park, East Franklin and other communities within the 46.84 square miles of the town each year. Most of these offenses involve simple assault, harassment and other disorderly persons offenses falling under the jurisdiction of Franklin Township Municipal Court although over 200 cases are also filed for felony indictable crimes of the first, second, third and fourth degree such as eluding, burglary, aggravated assault, cocaine possession and distribution of CDS. Irrespective of the variety of charge that was issued against you, hiring the very best Somerset County criminal defense attorney you can find is your best strategy for avoiding the negative impact of a conviction.
We are the Law Offices of Jonathan F. Marshall, one of the largest criminal firms in the state with credentials that are certainly rare. Our team can offer you:
- Over 200 years of combined experience defending criminal, dwi and traffic charges arising in Franklin Township and other local municipalities in Somerset County
- 12 lawyers whose practices are dedicated exclusively to criminal and municipal court defense
- Former county and municipal prosecutors who have served as Director of Major Crimes, the Drug Task Force, Juvenile Unit, Guns Task Force and even an entire Trial Division
- Certified criminal trial attorneys
- Distinctions and awards such as inclusion in the Top 100 Criminal Attorneys from National Trial Lawyers, 10 Leaders in New Jersey Criminal and DWI Defense and Super Lawyers.
- An office located just across the street from the Somerset County Superior Court and Somerset County Jail in downtown Somerville.
If you or someone you love has been charged with a criminal or traffic offense in Franklin Township, please contact our Somerset County Office at 908 722-1011 for a free initial consultation with an accomplished Franklin Township criminal defense attorney. We are available 24/7 to assist you.
Charges in Franklin Township Municipal Court
The Franklin Township Municipal Court has jurisdiction to preside over disorderly persons offenses, traffic and motor vehicle summonses including DWI and ordinance violations. The most common charges dealt with by the municipal court are:
- Simple Assault
- Driving While Suspended
- Marijuana Possession
- Reckless Driving
- Leaving the Scene of an Accident
- Bad Checks
- Disorderly Conduct
- Careless Driving
- Obstructing the Administration of Law
- Resisting Arrest
The Franklin Township Municipal Court is located at 495 DeMott Lane, Somerset, New Jersey 08873. The court office can be contacted directly at 732-873-7285. The court office is open Monday through Friday from 8:30 a.m to 4:30 p.m. Court sessions are held on Tuesday at 4:00 p.m., the first and second Wednesdays of the month at 5:00 p.m., and twice per month on Thursdays, with the first session at 9:00 a.m. and the second session at 12:30 pm.
- Honorable Hector Rodriguez
- Honorable Maureen Vella
- Municipal Prosecutors:
- Bernice Jalloh, Esq.
- Kevin A. Buchan, Esq.
- Court Administrator: Keila Martinez
For more information about the Franklin Township Municipal Court, visit the following website: Franklin Township Municipal Court.
First Degree, Second Degree, Third Degree or Fourth Degree Crime in Franklin Township New Jersey
A criminal charge is a felony and indictable in nature if it is a crime of the first, second, third or fourth degree. Jurisdiction rests solely with the Somerset County Superior Court in Somerville when the offense falls one of these grades. An individual is also exposed to significant penalties that require representation by a talented Franklin Township Criminal Lawyer.
- A fourth degree crime carries up to 18 months in prison and a fine of up to $10,000 and includes offenses like shoplifting, criminal mischief, contempt/violation of a restraining order, and distribution of less than an ounce of marijuana.
- Third degree crimes make up the largest block of indictable charges and include burglary, aggravated assault, personal possession of cocaine/heroin/lsd/methamphetamine, credit card fraud/theft and terroristic threats.
- Eluding, endangering the welfare of a child, sexual assault, strong arm robbery and unlawful possession of a handgun are second degree crimes that result in 5-10 years in prison and a fine of up to $150,000.
- The most serious type of crime someone can face in Franklin Township is a first degree crime. Aggravated sexual assault, armed robbery and carjacking and leader of a narcotics trafficking network fall within this grade.
About Franklin Township NJ
Franklin is a Township in Somerset County, New Jersey and has a population of 65,938. Franklin shares boundaries with several towns in Somerset County such as Bridgewater, Hillsborough, and South Bound Brook. It also has a significant number of unincorporated communities including Somerset, Weston, East Franklin, Franklin Park, Kingston, Middlebush, Ten Mile Run, Six Mile Run, and Franklin Center.
Helpful Links and Information About Franklin Township NJ
- For additional information about Franklin Township, visit the Franklin Township Official Website.
- The Franklin Township Police Department can be contacted at 732-873-5533. To learn more about the Franklin Township Police Department, visit their official website.
Franklin Township NJ Criminal Defense Lawyer
The attorneys at our firm have exactly what you need if you were charged with any variety of criminal or traffic offense in Franklin Township. In fact, we have decades of experience appearing in both Franklin Municipal Court and the Somerset County Superior Court. An attorney with the skill to secure an acquittal in your case is ready to assist you.
The Law Offices of Jonathan F. Marshall is available at 908-722-1011 for a free consultation about your Franklin Township charges.